What to Expect on the Day of Delivery
If you are buying appliances from our site, here’s what to expect the day of the delivery. You will receive delivery reminder phone calls from the delivery agent:
- The evening prior to confirm the delivery time frame.
- The day of delivery, ½ hour before arrival.
If you opt-in for text updates you will also receive:
- Reminder 2 days before scheduled delivery date.
- Reminder the evening before scheduled delivery date.
- Reminder the day of delivery, including the delivery stop number.
You can choose to opt-in for text updates during the checkout process.
Delivery day: An adult (at least 18 years old) who is authorized to make decisions at the home must be present for delivery. The delivery agents will not enter your home unaccompanied, nor can they accept a signed note instructing them to leave your purchase.
- The appliance(s) will be uncrated (unboxed), inspected, and brought into your home for installation.
- The delivery agent will inspect the appliance for any visible damage, and after installation, will test the appliance for proper operation. The delivery agents will explain your options if damage is discovered, there are missing parts, or if your appliance is not working properly.
- If the installation instructions for the appliance(s) requires an anti-tip bracket, the delivery agents must install the required anti-tip bracket. Refusal to allow the installation of an anti-tip bracket when required will result in the delivery agent not installing the appliance.
- The delivery agents will uninstall the old appliance and move it to another location in your home or will haul it away to be reclaimed by a local recycling program.
- Inspect the appliance carefully for damage before accepting and signing for delivery. Notify delivery agents if there is damage.
- Refrigerator: Make sure the lights are on and water is dispensing from dispenser (if applicable). It can take up to 24 hours for temperatures to reach the set temperature.
- Icemaker: A refrigerator icemaker will fill with water when it cools to 15°F (-10°C); it could take 12 to 24 hours to begin making ice cubes.
- Ranges & Microwaves: Make sure the controls are operating as indicated and the appliance is heating properly.
- Dishwasher: Make sure the controls are operating as indicated and the unit fills with water and drains properly.
If you’re buying from one of our retail partners, visit their website to view delivery and installation options.